
I was on the phone with my sister (who lives in midwest) tonight and she began screaming at a "coon", racoon to anyone who does not see them in their yard at night. Actually, she was also screaming for her husband to wake up and kill the coon. He thought he had shot it earlier, but it was obvious that had not happened. It was now, she said, the second time she had to wake him to go after the coon.
I told her I doubted than anyone else I knew had phone conversations about killing a coon. I think we both laughed ourselves silly over all of this. It was an amazing story to me. I have been gone from Oklahoma for 48 years now, and even going back to childhood memories, since we lived in town-I do not think this situation every occurred in my life before! It turns out a river is 3 miles away and that poor little racoon had walked all that distance. I was feeling sorry for the racoon. A light was shined on him tonight and he just froze and never moved, and as a result (I heard the shot) was killed. I looked for a racoon photo on the internet and found tons of them-seems some people love them and have them as pets! And look at this cute picture- he is a cute little rascal. Well, I told my sister I was going to put this in my blog, because everyone accuses me all the time of putting stuff about them in my blog, so here it is. I try to tell everyone this is about MY life, but I am making an exception tonight, and this blog is about a poor little racoon who lost his life tonight. My sister is going to kill me.
