
My 11 week class I was supposed to start tonight was cancelled yesterday as not enough people signed up. I have been upset over it, but have spent afternoon seeing what my other choices are. I needed this class as it was my last requirement to be able to start practitioner training in the fall. It was also a class that I needed the credit for to apply towards my degree units needed. Do have an email out to Dr. Bobbi, head of Ediucation dept. to see what class I could take to be the equivalent of that. I hope to get this settled this week and get enrolled in another class. Looks like I will be taking several long distance classes to get the degree, and not sure what they will do about my practitioner training requirements- so it is up in the air right now. Anyway, that is how I spent my afternoon and hope this gets settled soon. Have to just keep in mind it will all work out as it should. All is good.
Had a very fun Cinco de Mayo dinner with my friend Elaine on Saturday evening May 5th. We met at Carlos OBrien and had margaritas, dinner, and talked for four hours.
It was very nice and very enjoyable. We decided the festivities at Auntchiladas might be too loud and too wild for us! The music was loud and strong until well after midnight and their festivities began at 2:00 pm on Saturday (they had 4 bands there). It was still noisy at Carlos OBrien's but not that noisy!
I went to see Joe on Sunday and had an hour or more with him. He was glad to see me, but was not communicating very well. Finally, he wanted his afternoon nap, so all was pretty normal with him.
The weather was absolutely beautiful all weekend- in high 70's and clear as a bell. Just gorgeous weather. Only challenge I had was losing my electricity for three hours on Sunday evening. Not sure what happened, but there was a 2 mile radius each way in this area with no electricity. It finally came on about 8:30 pm, after my having candles lit and learning to function in the dark. First time that has happened since I moved in this condo 16 months ago. I sat on patio and read until the light was gone, then Tanya came down and sat on patio with me and we talked.
The weather was nice and cool and so it was fine.
Finally got my camera working and this page now includes a photo of Elaine and Joe I took last Thursday when she went with me to visit him.
I now have nine gardenia blooms on my plant on patio! And will have more tomorrow. it is loaded with blooms! Beautiful!!!!!!
