Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday visit to Joe






Today Ruthie Dryjanski went with me to visit Joe and we had a nice visit with him at his care home. Joe seemed to be having a pretty good day (for him) and even made us laugh once. He does not recognize most people who visit him but I had told him a couple times this week that I was bringing Ruthie to see him, and sometimes this helps. Anyway, we were not sure he knew who she was, but she did tell him her name. Later I asked him if he knew who Ruthie was (dumb question, I know) and he looked over at Ruthie and said, "she thinks I am crazy." That made us all laugh.
There was also an old movie on, we think it was "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", and Ron Howard is the little boy in the movie. Glenn Ford plays his father (looked like a great movie), and Joe looked up at the TV and said "that is Glenn Ford". That really surprised us. Previously this week he has been pretty much out of it and would not have known who anyone was, so today he was doing pretty good!
Carmen who works at Joe's care homes on weekends always brings her 6 month old daughter, Victoria, and Joe loves the baby. So today we took some pics of him with her also. We were there an hour or more and it was all very nice. Then Ruthie and I left to go to Whole Foods for lunch, and Joe took his afternoon nap.
The day was very nice and the only challenge of this day is me- my left hip went out yesterday and I could not even walk last night. Today still in pain and limping, but I did get there. I am seeing chiropractor and massage/acupressure therapist tomorrow afternoon. I think I did this on Thursday evening when I moved a chest (very heavy) and have been in pain ever since, but it got much worse yesterday. My left hip tends to go out on me about once a month and cause me problems. But this was worse than normal.(getting old, I know)
It was still a very good day and I had a nice visit with Ruthie today. We don't get to do that very often. (except via e-mail or phone).