Yesterday a retired couple sang and played guitars at Joe's care home and it was all the old country western music of my high school days in Oklahoma, and I sat there and cried! They would sing a song, and I would say "Hank Williams! I used to listen to this song on the jukebox at the malt and hamburger shop I worked at when I was in high school!"
I had to get up and leave the room-it was all so sentimental!
There is a company called Audrey's Angels and retired people VOLUNTEER to perform at nursing homes and care homes. So it is a different group every Friday and this was this couple's first time there- and with me clapping and crying and cheering them on-they had a wonderful time!
Such a great idea for healthy, retired people- volunteering at care homes and nursing homes. The residents love it. Their favorite time is when music is being played or sung.I consider every time I go there, it is my way of cheering everyone, so know them all by name and talk to them- I choose to be a ray of sunshine in their lives and know that I am.
