Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday stuff

I went to services at Unity today and don't think I have been there for close to four years. I saw so many friends, it was like a reunion of sorts, and a very happy time. I cannot even count all the friends who welcomed me and hugged me and it was just incredible. I think I will plan to go there once a month, as I loved Richard Maraj, their new minister. To "add the frosting on the cake", Daniel Nahmod was there singing ONE POWER and Maraj's message was also on Power. I was up until 2:15 this morning working on my paper for my degree, and my subject is Power! I got 2 more pages for my paper from Sunday services today! Talk about synchronicity-wow!
My long time friend Chico, met me in the courtyard and went to services with me. After service, Chico, Elaine and I went to lunch together at Pei Wei and sat and talked at the restaurant until 4:00 pm! Then Elaine and I talked another 30 minutes in the Unity parking lot when I took them back to their cars. I then went to see Joe, but he was asleep and they did not want to wake him. They said they would feed him when he woke up, as he was missing dinner. The girls told me they were not going to give him what the others were eating anyway (think this is why they wanted to feed him after others) as he cannot chew up the food and needs softer food. So they are going to blend some things together to a more liquid state and feed him. They said he is just not getting enough food, which is true. Not sure he can make a difference but it is worth trying. I will just go back tomorrow and see him then. I also think he is sleeping more, or at least longer. I felt so sad when I left there, it just makes me cry to see him like he is.