Sunday, July 01, 2007

Joe moved to new room today!

After I went to the movie (reported in blog below) this morning, I had brunch at the Good Egg, and then went to see Joe. Joe's roommate, Bob, died a week or so ago, and so Joe has been alone in the large double room. Today he was moved to another room and I am thrilled with his new room. He is not used to it and not quite sure where his room is right now, but he will adjust, and this is so much better. It is closer to the hub of the care home, and he can be heard easier and noticed more frequently. I will take some photos of his new room and put on the blog this coming week. I spent a couple hours there and rearranged his clothes. It turned out Bob's clothes had got moved with his, so I took out all of Bob's clothes and put in another place. I rearranged his closet and his chest of drawers. There is a TV in his room, so I turned it on and sat in the room with him for awhile. I am trying to get him used to the room. I know changes are difficult for him, but this is really a good change.
A new woman moved into the care home today and now she and Pat will be "roomies" in Joe and Bob's old room. That is going to be so good for Pat! Pat was very happy and excited about it.
The owners, Peter and Jana, were there doing the moving and I got to talk to them for awhile. I love them so much-they are just great. Jana said, "the angels have approved this move!". Joe is now in Herman's old room, and that makes us all happy, as we all loved Herman so much. He used to tell me every day , "Don't worry, Ruth- I will take care of Joe!". As Jana said today, "well, Herman is keeping his word and still taking care of Joe". Such good karma being in Herman's room!
I only knew Herman a few weeks before he died, but I went to his funeral at the Jewish cemetery, and I have never felt so close to someone I knew such a brief time as I did to Herman! He was one special person! Joe will benefit just being in Herman's old room- I know it and feel it!