Friday, July 06, 2007

Monsoons are on their way!

It is Friday evening and a dust storm moved through Phoenix and also a little bit of rain. The temperatures dropped and the humidity has risen! My least favorite time in the valley is beginning-monsoons and humidity. Oh well, it is 96 degrees and that is better than the 116 degrees we had this week.
The weather is boring, so on to another topic.
I had a wonderful lunch today at Bamboo Hut with Sharon Dryjanski. It was very enjoyable and the food was good. (I had my usual shrimp, vegetables and rice) She just retired at a young 58, and is looking for a part time job. We got caught up on all our news and events and had fun talking!
Last evening I thought of one thing I left out of my blog about Joe from July 4th.
When the wonderful talented keyboard lady was playing songs from the "old days", she played GOOD NIGHT IRENE. I said that my mother's name was Irene and that had been her favorite song. I have heard her sing it with the radio many, many times! I looked at Joe and tears were running down his cheeks. Those old songs bring back memories for everyone, and I wondered what memories he had of that song. It was touching and moving to see him crying over a song.
It is now my bedtime, so good night, Ruth.