Friday, August 24, 2007

A day of good fortunes

This morning driving to my chiropractor and then lunch, I listened to my newly received CD set from Wayne Dyer, on his new book, "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life". I listened to CD side 1 yesterday and had such a major insight from it, that I knew if it was the only one I received, the cost of the CD's was worth it. I also decided to listen to CD 1 several times before moving on to the second CD of the 6 CD set. Today only a few minutes of listening and I heard something I did not hear yesterday, and I yelled, and stopped the CD- pulling to side of road to write it down. It brought tears to my eyes. That statement from Wayne Dyer was, "In misfortune, fortune hides." Just another way to say "it's all Good", but in a way that actually said even more to me, and was especially appropriate from all I am going through right now on my life journey. We are only on plant earth to grow, learn, and change- so of course, this set of CD's was a must-have for me. With everything that is going on right now for me, I am amazed daily and constantly in the wonderful things also happening to me.
I saw my chiropractor today and it was a free adjustment for me as a "happy birthday gift", and then on to lunch at Macaroni Grill for a birthday lunch for me from my longtime friend, Bette. I had the most incredible lunch and we had a nice visit- oh, I had the grilled scallops and spinach salad- so wonderful!! It is my new favorite at Macaroni Grill!
Then had a phone call from Rev. Mitzi and I met her at Joe's care home right after lunch. Had a wonderful visit with her. Joe was sound asleep and would not wake up, so we let him sleep. I kissed him and that usually wakes him up, but it didn't today.
Mitzi also spent some time alone with Joe, so I could talk to the social worker.
Joe's new hospice social work arrived and I spent way over an hour talking to her. Her name is Diana Bolls and she is superb! Every person who works for Hospice of the Valley that I have met, is a special person- it takes a special angel to work for hospice, and that is what Diana is. She told me I could not have a better home or caregiver for Joe than the one he is in. Donna brewed fresh coffee for us and she knows I love sugar-free French Vanilla cream, and always serves that to me in my coffee. When I left, Donna also handed me a container for my dinner- it was a delicious pasta dish with olive oil, red peppers, feta cheese, olives and artichokes in it! So I was gifted not only with lunch today, but my dinner also!