

***************************
Joe had a wonderful visitor Monday evening. His visitor was Rev. Dr. Mitzi Lynton, who is from my church, Creative Living Fellowship. The photos on this page are of her. Her website is: www.dare2create.com
I recommend you check it out. She called me yesterday afternoon and wanted to visit Joe. We met at his home an hour or so later. Mitzi was born in London, England and has been in Phoenix since 1995. I think Joe was entranced by her British accent and her voice and her smile. I also think she fell in love with him as much as he fell in love with her. She was so wonderful with him, talked to him so gently and sweetly, and his eyes never left her face. She asked if he wanted her to come back and visit him again and he said "yes". Then later she told him she had to leave but she would see him often and soon, and he said "don't leave town"! We laughed over that and he said to her, "I made a funny". She prayed with him and was holding both his hands and he did not want to let go. He really enjoyed her visit and she was wonderful. I am so thankful she visited him, and I was very happy with the caring and loving way she was with him. He really enjoyed it too. The song by Carly Simon is from Mitzi's website. Thanks so much Mitzi and God bless!
Life is eternal
And love is immortal
And death is only a horizon.
Life is eternal
As we move into the light
And a horizon is nothing
Save the limit of our sight.
I had a phone call today from our new Hospice social worker, Diana. I am meeting her on Friday afternoon at Joe's care home. I have loved every nurse, volunteer, CNA, and social worker that I have met at Hospice of the Valley, and know they have to be angels on this earth. Diana sounds as incredible as rest I have met and can hardly wait to meet her. Joe could not be in better hands than he is right now, unless he was in God's hands, and we know he is anyway. Every contact I have had with Hospice of the Valley and every person who works there, has been amazing, loving, and unbelievable. Also, Donna and Peter Pekurar, his new caregivers are angels on this earth also. I am blessed and so is Joe to have all these wonderful souls in our lives.
Today I saw my Heart Care P.A. and my BP was 128/82 and my pulse 60. It is amazing how good my health is, even though my emotions and mental state have been quite unbalanced at times. Even though I am doing my exercises in the pool and eating right, I have not been able to lose anymore weight. She told me because of the stress levels I have, my cortisol is high and I probably will not lose any weight until this intense stress is gone from my life. My body is holding on to the weight. So just hang in there, keep doing what I am doing, and it will eventually all be ok.
After leaving the Dr. office, I headed for Borders Cafe and spent this afernoon doing class work- my current class is the History of Judaism, so read my book (some of it) and answered several pages in my workbook. I hope to complete this class before the end of August, so I can work on my paper for my degree all of September. Life goes on, and my classes and reading keep my mind distracted and occupied with things other than what is going on with Joe. I am blessed.
