I am part of an email support group for nutrition, fitness, diet, health... and am one of 6 people in this group- 2 men and 4 women. Two in Arizona, one in Florida, one in New England state- think it is Connecticut, and one in Cabo , Mexico. What fun it is and we are all bonding and loving writing each other- we write all our emails out to everyone and when you answer , you answer to everyone in group. My friend, Marian who owns a retreat with her husband Gary near Sedona, started this group. All of them but me have attended her retreat- oh, maybe one other guy hasn't, but he is a friend of the guy in Cabo and in fact they are best friends and he wanted to be a part of the group too. We share life stories, our relationship issues, recipes, diet tips and suggestions, inspirations, & times we eat the wrong foods and promise to get on back on our own individual food plans daily- it is great. Kevin in Cabo came up with this new mantra, and we love it, so will share it. We are all very different from each other, and yet we are forming this incredible friendship with each other. What a great idea this was!
Kevin's' new mantra and the response from Patti in Florida:
I really love the new mantra. Commit...Assert...Adapt. That would work not just in the area of nutrition, but in virtually all aspects of life.
For me, it has been a good way to get my mind off all my challenges this week (even for a few minutes) and have a break mentally with these new friends.
Joe is still at the hospice. He seemed to have maybe "plateaued"- and after two weeks of getting worse each day, he leveled off for a couple days, but it seemed to me last night and today, he was declining again. He was not very responsive today and for the first time ever with me, he would not eat. In fact, he just didn't want to wake up. I got him awake for a few minutes and got 4-5 bites of jello down him, and then he refused to eat anymore and went back to sleep. I know when he does this, to just leave him be, as he will eat when he wants to, if he wants to. Every time I see him he is different. Last evening he was so changed from the morning, and was jerking and shaking. I knew it was all neurological, it is like there is a short in his brain wiring. Very strange to watch, and made me very upset. When I left I felt like a "yo-yo", and it felt like being pulled up, then down, and then thrown out to the side. I never know what to expect each time I see him.
