Saturday, August 04, 2007

Early birthday celebrations

On Friday night I had an early birthday dinner with my friend Theresa Andrade and we had a most delicious dinner at the Fish market-it was wonderful. I had some very good orange roughy and Theresa had shrimp. We talked over 3 hours and had a great time.
Then tonight, Saturday, my friend Elaine Reed and I celebrated our August birthdays together by going to a Chinese restaurant called Joyful. What a great name and the food was wonderful too. We also talked at least 3 hours. Yes, I spend a lot of time talking with my friends and I love doing it. (plus talking with friends is good for your mental health) Elaine also gave me a very beautiful blouse!
I needed the breaks both nights and it was very enjoyable. Elaine came over to Joe's hospice before we went to dinner- and it was her second time to see him there this week. I fed him lunch and dinner both today. He ate about half of his lunch and tonight he really ate well, ate all the tuna salad he was served, plus some cooked diced soft beets, a vanilla pudding, and some ice cream.
He was calmer and better tonight than he was at noon today. He has many mannerisms anymore that babies had. It is like he has regressed from the two year old I have felt I was caring for, to a baby now. Incredible how the age regression occurs, and amazing to witness.
I am really trying to take care of myself in this whole process, so today had a very good massage, and tomorrow morning will do exercises in the pool.
"Life is just life and nothing is wrong!"
...quote from Ann's newsletter today & so very true.