Monday, September 17, 2007

So many memories..................

Life speaks to me in poems these days. This is a card I received today that really touched my heart.
"Imagine the beauty of it........
that moment when the soul
of a loved one
returns to the stars,
the voices whispering,
I remember you."
(thank you, Adrian!)

And then another received today from my sister,
"All the beautiful memories
gathered through the years
are yours to keep forever."

Thank goodness for the wonderful memories............ 37 years of them!

On Sunday Heidi came over and really helped me a lot. She cleaned my tile floors (no easy job) and vacuumed all carpeting and rugs. Then we went to Costco to buy needed supplies for the lunch after services on Saturday. It was a full and busy day, as I also went to church Sunday morning.
Today was a difficult day for me. After I finished taking the supplies to the church, I went to the mortuary to pick up Joe's ashes. I took the beautiful urn I had purchased on Saturday and they put some of his ashes into the urn and then sealed it.
I would like to express my feelings over that, but find it hard to do.
It was of course what I wanted, but hard to know it is done.
What I have now is memories and photos.