Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday night.....and life goes on

This whole week has been so busy, I can't believe it is Friday tomorrow and my sister Nancy arrives from Kansas, and my daughter, Deidre from Illinois. This week and last week have gone by so fast and are a blur to me. I can't even remember what I have done each day unless I look at my date book. My step-daughter, Ravelle called this evening and she has walking pneumonia and can't be here (she lives in Colorado). I do have my friend Esther flying in from Washington DC and also my friend Mary Mc. coming from San Diego. I know all who loved Joe will be here and that is a good feeling.
My beloved Jewish friends cannot attend because Saturday is Yom Kippur, but their hearts and love will be with me.
Last evening my friend Kathy W. came over and we went to dinner and also talked for hours, then went to the pool to exercise. (it is getting way too cool to get in the pool at night!)

Tonight I had dinner at L'Amore with five other women in my previous cancer support group. All five said they would be at the service. I feel blessed and loved to have so many friends who have said they will be there for me. Today at noon my friend Elaine took me to lunch at Mimi's before I had to go to my Heart care appointment, and she will be at Joe's services also.

I received very good news on Tuesday this week. I had my six month mammogram and I am ok. I had a scare because my oncologist found a lump in my right breast a few weeks ago, but I am ok! Thank you God for this blessing.