Monday, September 25, 2006

Another important day

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day"....Alexander Woolcot, American writer, died 1943. I was thinking not much to write about today and then realized that was not true. Every day we live is important. So this is about my day, and my visit to Joe. And also some other things that happened today.

I was to meet the nurse at group home today but that got mixed up, but I did go there at 10:30 this morning. When I rang the bell and Lenor answered the door, she told me that when Joe heard the bell he said "that is my wife". He was watching one of his DVD's and so wasn't talking much but he was in a pretty good mood today. He even joked with me and with Maggie, one of the activity directors. He really likes her and told me she reminded him of Deidre. She is a very happy, joyful person and she does have a personality similar to Deidre's. She had finished her exercise class with the residents and was serving them chocolate dipped ice cream cones filled with vanilla and pecan ice cream. They loved it! I told Joe he never got ice cream cones in middle of morning from me!

Pat and I went in to meet and visit with the new female resident, Leslie. Her daughter was there also, and we had a good visit and Pat loves having another woman there to talk to. And I think Leslie likes to talk as much as Pat does! Pat told me today I was an answer to her prayers! She is such a sweetie and she looks forward to me coming there every day. Joe teased me about talking to everyone there. He knows I enjoy talking to all the reidents and they all know me now.

I stayed at the group home until it was about time for their lunch, then kissed Joe bye and told him I would see him again tomorrow. I am going to Herman's funeral services tomorrow morning at Beth Israel cemetery. The entire staff loved Herman so much. We are all really going to miss him.

I then met Linda Bliss for lunch at Claim Jumper and we had a fantastic grilled salmon and asparagus lunch. I brought most of it home for dinner tonight-it was a lot of food and was delicious.
I had a message from Carmen and called her this morning. Last week was her last week of chemo and she was feeling pretty good today. I am so glad her chemo is over.
I had phone calls this afternoon from Deidre, and then one from Cano. I even watched TV for awhile tonight (something I have not done in months) and read. It was just a nice day and all went well. Thank you God for this day....yes, this important day.