I just have to add another blog to this day. I had a very nice evening with a friend and she said some things to me that have helped me. Tanya, who is my upstairs neighbor (has the condo above me) just returned home from a two month trip a couple of days ago. She wanted us to go to dinner tonight and get caught up on each others NEWS of past 2 months. We had a wonderful dinner at Tutti Santi's, and a couple hours of very good conversation.
When I told her my WHO AM I dilemma, and who am I if I am happy but Joe is unhappy- she told me a story. Tanya has been a counselor and worked in social services, until she also had breast cancer a couple years ago. She is the same age I am. I say this to show we have both lived long full lives with some similar experiences. Tanya said a few years ago she listened as a woman brought her father to a home to stay, and the father screamed at her "how dare you leave me here? I gave birth to you!! how could you do this to me?". Then a couple months later the father was so happy there that he would not have gone anywhere else.
I knew this but it really hit me tonight when she told this story, that it JUST TAKES TIME.
I have known this all along but kept forgetting it. And when each day you see unhappiness on your loved one's face just because they are some place new, it is often hard to remember IT JUST TAKES TIME. I know I need to give this a couple months and see what develops. I do not know if it will be better, but I need to wait and see. So that is how I feel tonight, which is an improvement over this morning. Of course, I could change my mind again. After all, I am a woman. Right?
