

Joe had a good Sunday! Our very dear friends Johnny and Susan Dunnivant came to visit him, and also his 17 year old grandson Trevor (who visited him yesterday also).
Susan is "his girlfriend" who took him to Muhammad Ali Parkinson exercise class every Tuesday afternoon for a year, and also many, many lunches together and was also his walking buddy. Johnny and Susan are always a welcome sight. They have bought almost 40 acres in northern AZ so are not around here much, so we are always glad to see them. Susan and I had a lovely talk with Pat, and she was so happy and smiling and thanked both of us "girls" (as she calls us) for spending time talking to her and we both kissed her. She is such a joy.
Trevor, Joe and I went to IHOP for a lunch that was really breakfast. We had a great time there and really delicious pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns-the works- it was all good. I think Joe had a very nice day. I thought he would enjoy going out to eat and he really seemed to enjoy it.
There was very sad news today though and I am still having problems with it. Herman died yesterday morning about 7:00. That is why they had the door closed yesterday when I just assumed he was sleeping. I feel a real emptiness in my heart and am very sad, even though I only knew him a short time. He was a very special person and I will miss his smiling face when I go to the group home. Rest in peace, Herman-God bless you. I will really miss you.
