

Jimmy and Heidi spent a couple hours with Joe (and me) today, and Jimmy turned on the TV and got Joe to watch some football. Joe has always loved football but has not been watching any games. I have felt it was because he did not know how to turn on the TV or have someone to watch it with. I could tell that Joe really enjoyed this afternoon and enjoyed watching football again also. Heidi and I had a nice visit on the patio while Joe, Jimmy and a couple of other residents watched the game. It was a beautiful day and a nice afternoon visit. Joe was in excellent spirits today and seemed happy. At one point during the game he asked Jimmy if he wanted a beer, and if he did to just go get them each one out of the refrigerator. Joe feels right at home there, even though there is NO beer in the refrigerator!
I also went to church this morning and had a nice chat after church with my friend MaryMcNabb, and was able to talk to a couple other friends too. It was a good Sunday.
