Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stepping out of my comfort zone

I am most comfortable creating with writing , photos, scrapbooking, and I am even starting a card making class this next week. The one thing I have never done is paint and I have always wanted to. I hope before long to take a class. But... I stepped right out there today!
As I did my visioning yesterday, which I wrote about a day or two ago, I realized what my class project would be. ( well, I hope it will be this) I clearly visualized an abstract picture in my mind when I was visioning, and decided I would just paint it! That will be my project- a painting! So today I went to Michael's and got two canvas boards, paints, brushes, brush cleaner, et., etc. Now this means I have to do it! I also was thankful that my artist friend, Cathy Monaco called me this morning, as I was able to ask her what I needed and how I should start! She gave me tips and told me to first do it in crayon, and then when I had what I wanted, then to paint it.
Ok...here goes nothing! (which I hope will be something!)
After this venture I went to visit Joe and had a nice visit with him. They told me today he has not been eating like he should. But he seemed fine and was ok when I saw him. I plan to go see him again tomorrow. I always tell him whatever "news" I have about anyone we know, and what is going on that he might be intersted in politically or in sports, and he always likes hearing what I tell him.
Emma Ruth is 6 months old on Monday! Deidre sent me more photos of her today. And she also told me that she "MAY" (yes, yes!) bring Emma and Zachary and come visit in March. Zachary wants to see his grandpa Joe real bad, and we all want Joe to see Emma! They hope to come during Zach's spring break.
The bad news today is that my good friend Carmen has brain cancer. This was heartbreaking news! Keep her in your prayers, please.