No photos taken on Saturday but had a fantastic day. (have to take a break from photos once in awhile!)
I had lunch in Glendale (I think I was in Glendale but might have been in Peoria) with my dear friend Chico at Pei Wei. We had a wonderful lunch of lettuce wraps and Asian salad, and a heart to heart 2-hour talk with each other. She always surprises me-she is so perceptive and so incredible- that hiking every day for several miles keeps her 80 year old body and mind sharp as a tack. She also got clay from me, even though nothing is wrong with her, which is the best reason of all- to prevent! Best life insurance there is. And she is smart enough to know that and want to share it with others she knows.
I was so close to my friend Jan's home in Peoria, that I called her and went to her home after I left Chico. I was going to stay an hour, and ended up staying three hours. Five hours of talking to two friends, pretty much did me in for the day.
I was so sleepy driving back to Phoenix! But I needed to go see Joe, so went straight to his care home from Peoria, and stayed an hour with him. He was eating dinner when I got there and he ate very well- ate all his dinner and of course, ate his ice cream with chocolate syrup on it for dessert. He was in a good mood as always and smiling and happy.
I told him Deidre and baby Emma Ruth and Zachary would be here next weekend to see him. (from Illinois) He said they had already been there. And when I told him he had not seen the baby, so she couldn't have been here already, he said he had also seen the baby too! He said "he can't walk yet". Well, "he" is Emma, a 7 month old baby girl (our grandaughter). And he has never seen her at all. I know one thing and that is he will be glad to see them all next weekend, no matter whether he thinks he has seen them already or not.
I am sure they will see how much he has changed also. He does love visitors, and I wish more of his friends would come to see him.
I was in bed at 8:00 last night and asleep by 9:00 or sooner. I know I had at least nine hours sleep. which I needed! Feel great today and went walking in my neighborhood this morning for 50 minutes- walked over to the Pointe resort to the Hole in Wall restaurant and all around the pool and grounds there. Then got turned around and took a wrong street and walked further than I intended today! Oh well, I needed it! Now I am off to church- adios for today.
