I read this title today and thought how true the statement was. I feel so fortunate to have loving friends who care for me and check in with me daily or weekly. I am also fortunate to have children and grandchildren and extended family I care about also. I am very fortunate to have a sister in Kansas who calls me every day just to check on me. And I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my many friends. I am grateful for it all. I know I am blessed.
This past week I had lunch with a friend, Bette, for her birthday. I have known her since the 70's. We had a lovely lunch at Chelsa's Kitchen and enjoyed it very much. The following day I had lunch with another friend, Anne, who I met at the Wellness Community. She is the wonderful lady who taught me scrap booking in her classes, She is now a counselor there. I realize I am a "collector" of friends, and I am glad that I am. I have friends from every job I have ever had, and every situation or organization I have been in. They bring love, joy and color to my life.
Thursday of this week I will have lunch with several other women I became friends with at the Wellness Community, when I was in cancer support group for a couple of years. We get together every month at a different restaurant and catch up on each others news. Always a fun time. And this coming Sunday I am spending time with my friend Ruthie D., who I have known since 1968 when we worked together at the Phoenix Suns. She is going with me to visit Joe at the care home, and then we will go to lunch. We are in touch with each other almost every day. It is wonderful having such a long friendship with her.
This week I am also starting two new classes, working towards my Bachelor's degree.
I started one of them yesterday, and it is a class called Personal Growth and I am really going to enjoy the class and lessons. I also received the material for a class called Creating Prosperity, and will start on it soon also. I am really enjoying my classes. Well, this catches me up on some of the things I am doing right now. Tomorrow I am also going to an Alzheimer's Support group meeting in the morning, and then to a couple Dr.appts. Ruthie said to me this week that she thinks I am the busiest retired person she knows! Well, the problem is, I have never felt retired, and guess I never will- I so love doing so many things.
