Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday update on Joe

About 3 hours at Joe's care home is my limt as is
so depressing and Joe sleeps all the time now.
He was worse today than yesterday-way more out of it
most of the time. Even had trouble getting him to
eat tonight. My minister and husband were there over
an hour. (Michele and Lonnie) They are so great.
Joe seemed glad to see them and they both spent time
talking to him, and then rest of hour we talked and
Joe stared at the ceiling. He stares off for hours
if he is awake. After I fed him I talked to him a
bit and then he fell asleep. I got there at 4:30 or
so and left at 7:00. I am going to call Hospice in
the morning about him.
Chico said for me to talk to my social worker and
ask he be placed in a hospice facility as he will
get better care at this stage. So plan to find out
tomorrow if I can do that.
I had asked them to have certain things for him for
dinner tonight and they said they would but none of
it was there. I was glad I took the quiche that I
made for him last night, which he ate, and gave him
a bit of some potato salad they had and then a yogurt.
I am not happy with the care at this stage for him.
It has been a great place until he had these things
happen two weeks ago.